Monday, March 28, 2011

Workday Report Sunday 3-27

After last month's auger fail, and realizing that where we had planned on setting posts was a massive layer of bedrock about 6"-12" below the topsoil, we made some real progress yesterday. A couple weeks agao, I had the idea to try using a rock bar to break up the rocks in the holes. I wasnt even sure if that would work, but since we had exhausted every other option I was willing to give it shot. To my suprise, it actually worked, and worked quite well. I was able to get these two holes dug, and the post set. Took about 3 hours of digging through solid rock, but I had made progress.
See Shannon's post for the pics...


Fast foward to this past Sunday. With a renewed life in project, we went out Sunday, and got quite a bit done before the weather closed in on us. Yes that's snow in the end of March. Finally preliminary ladder bridge framing has begun!

Here's the pics.








1 comment: